Modelling, simulation & experimentation
Arccadia – Intelligent simulation
Integrating directly with ComBAT and the Bowman tactical communications system, Arccadia injects data from synthetic immersive simulations into deployed kit to create realistic training scenarios.
- Flexible – Arccadia is a flexible system designed with the user in-mind. It mixes free-play and scripted elements that allow Commanders freedom to manoeuvre during realistic training scenarios. The distribution of Arccadia across several computers, with multiple command and control information injection points to enable large simulations to be run and re-run, as necessary
- Mobile – Arccadia can be executed using Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) computing technologies, including laptops, to provide mobile simulation capabilities to Headquarters for realistic training in the field
- Cost effective – Arccadia can be operated at fixed locations or in the field. The training required to set-up and operate Arccadia is minimal. Training scenarios can be supplied or can be authored by an Arccadia application specialist within the unit. Refresher training for Arccadia users is available
- Efficient – Arccadia can rapidly create a synthetic wrap for BG, BDE and DIV level Headquarters using Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) computing technologies. Its user-interface is intuitive and requires only minimal training
- Geospatial Analysis – Arccadia hosts a highly-optimised geo-processing system to analyse available geographic data from numerous file-based data types and GIS web services. This analysis informs the model behaviours within Arccadia, which gives rise to intelligent route planning and allowing for line-of-sight displays to assist in mission planning.
- Visualisation – Arccadia fully-integrates with Bohemia Interactive Virtual Battlespace 3 for 3D visualisations of simulations driven by the system. Arccadia’s authoring tools reduce the overhead of creating VBS3 scenarios, which allows the rapid creation of 3D environments for incoming information feeds from airborne sensors, or for viewing the overall battlespace. The model behaviours within Arccadia provide detailed physical models, whether friend or foe, that react to the presence of blue forces as they arrive.
- Realism – Arccadia employs a sophisticated scripting mechanism to deliver the required training inputs without requiring the continual operation of a user. Units operate in a controlled, autonomous manner, which reduces unnecessary workload. A drag-and-drop interface with intuitive script design simplifies the development of a training scenario, which can be made as realistic as required.
- Open Architecture – Arccadia employs a wide-range of open information standards, including NATO Friendly Force Information (NFFI) and GPS. Synthetic units can be represented using APP6-A/B, Mil Std 252 or non-NATO symbology simultaneously, which allows the injection of data into multiple, compatible command and control systems. The modular design of Arccadia models allows for the easy extension of existing models to support additional capabilities and behaviours.