Compact Modular Computer
General Dynamics Mission Systems–UK is a leading provider of ruggedised computer products for a wide range of applications. Using the extensive experience gained over many years involvement with avionics computing solutions, General Dynamics Mission Systems–UK has now developed a family of adaptable, low Size, Weight and Power (SWaP) processing products suitable for air, land and maritime platforms.
The Compact Modular Computer (CMC) provides a flexible and cost effective approach to the evolving requirements for future processing applications on a range of platforms:
- Civilian and military aircraft
- Unmanned air systems
- Land vehicles
- Surface and subsurface vessels
This approach has many benefits to the platform integrator:
- Greater flexibility of the installation location
Ability to locate the processing node closer to the sensors and effectors reducing the wiring loom weight and cost
- Higher availability through the use of system reconfiguration and redundancy
- Reduced LRU power and weight
- Expansion and growth capability through the addition of extra CMCs, avoiding modification costs to existing units and the configuration management overhead
- System tooling to support Model Driven Development providing greater control to the platform system designers and domain experts, significantly reducing integration and upgrade costs.