Partnership in your development
Investing in first-class training and development is an investment in our future.
At General Dynamics UK the high standards we set ourselves are reflected in our approach to growing our people. We believe that your development is a partnership – a shared responsibility between you and the Company. It begins the day you join and continues for as long as you stay:
- A personalised development plan and regular progress reviews
- Professional training and development courses – internal and external
- Secondments for hands-on business and technical experience and learning
- Further and higher education support to gain additional or professional qualifications
- We also currently run a Chartered Engineering Programme to support engineers to achieve professional registration with the UK Engineering Council as an IEng (Incorporated Engineer) or CEng (Chartered Engineer).
We operate a flexible benefits scheme which allows you to adapt your salary and benefits package to suit you and your family.
Benefits include a generous holiday allowance, life and health insurance, an employee assistance programme and a lifestyle package offering discounted goods and services.
Among our voluntary benefits are BUPA private medical cover, critical illness and personal accident cover, health checks, childcare vouchers and a salary sacrifice pension scheme. We also offer Sharesave and Give As you Earn scheme.
Our sites offer flexible working, which includes the option to work a compressed working schedule – work 75 hours over nine days, and take every second Friday off.