Economic Benefits to the UK
General Dynamics UK is the fourth largest UK defence company and the third largest defence prime contractor in the UK. We have approximately 700 employees across our UK facilities.
We are a major player in Britain’s high-tech economy and defence industrial base:
- We spend over £200m a year with British suppliers and have created over 300 jobs with our business partners
- A pioneer in UK innovation, we have developed the concept of joint integration bodies for key systems and networks, in partnership with the MoD and other leaders in the high-tech industries
- Our commitment to investing in our people opens up opportunities to offer local employment to top notch graduates, and strengthens the entrepreneurial foundations for future business enterprises.
- We have built a unique UK capability in the integration and digitisation of Armoured Fighting Vehicles, bringing together the best of the UK’s automotive and defence engineering skills and successfully integrating 12,000 of the entire range of the British Army’s current fleet, from Challenger tanks to Land Rovers.
- In the past three years, we have donated over £250,000 to our local communities in the form of charitable contributions and sponsorships.